Monday, May 29, 2017

The whole trip has been wonderful. I shall never forget it.

Tuesday, May 29, 1917:

It is reported this a.m. that we will be at the mouth of the river by 11 o’clock this evening to lie there until tomorrow a.m. It hardly seems possible that we can be so near the end of our sea voyage. I’m not sorry, however. The fellows are all anxious to “get started” and will all be glad when Paris is reached.

Got up for my first breakfast on board this a.m. Miss Mullen had prepared coffee for us and she boiled an egg which was delicious--I mean an egg apiece. She has been perfectly wonderful for us all and I’m sure is going to be like a mother to us all in Paris.

It is raining and foggy out--the best kind of a day imaginable for the danger zone. The whole trip has been wonderful. I shall never forget it.

No excitement. Played cards with the usual crowd and had our farewell tea party in Mr. Symons’ room.

No comments:

Post a Comment